Irina Dvorovenko Photos
Irina Dvorovenko Biography
Notable: American Ballet Theatre
Irina Dvorovenko was born in Kiev, Ukraine. She began her ballet training at the age of 10 at the Kiev Ballet School. She joined the National Opera and Ballet Theatre of Kiev in 1990 as a Soloist, rising to the rank of Principal Dancer in 1992. Her repertoire with that company included Gamzatti in La Bayadère, the title roles in Cinderella and Paquita, Kitri, the Queen of the Driads and Mercedes in Don Quixote, Giselle and Myrta in Giselle, the Sugar Plum Fairy in The Nutcracker, Princess Aurora and Princess Florine in The Sleeping Beauty and Odette-Odile in Swan Lake. She also danced the pas de deux Le Corsaire, Diana and Acteon, and Tchaikovsky Pas de Deux.
She joined American Ballet Theatre in August 1996 and was promoted to Soloist in 1997 and Principal Dancer in August 2000. Her repertoire with the Company includes Mathilda Kchessinska and the Tsarina in Anastasia, Gamzatti and a Shade in La Bayadère, the Fairy Godmother in Cinderella, Aurora in Coppélia, Medora in Le Corsaire, Kitri and Mercedes in Don Quixote, Myrta and the peasant pas de deux in Giselle, Valencienne in The Merry Widow, Cerrito in Pas des Déesses, the Siren in Prodigal Son, Rosaline in Romeo and Juliet, the Fairies of Benevolence and Temperament, the Lilac Fairy and Princess Florine in The Sleeping Beauty, Coupava in The Snow Maiden, the pas de trois and Odette-Odile in Swan Lake, Katherina in The Taming of the Shrew, leading roles in Bruch Violin Concerto No. 1, and Études and a featured role in Push Comes to Shove. She created a leading role in The Brahms-Haydn Variations.
- Gold Medal and the “Anna Pavlova” Prize at the International Ballet Competition in Moscow in 1992
- Grand Prix at the International Ballet Competition Serge Lifar in the Ukraine in 1994
- Diploma and the Grand Prix in the Junior Division of the Ukraine Ballet Competition in 1987
- Diploma in the Junior Division of the Moscow Ballet Competition in 1988
- Silver Medal at the Jackson International Ballet Competition in 1990
- Bronze Medal at the International Ballet Competition in Osaka, Japan in 1991