Dinna Bjørn Photos
Dinna Bjørn Biography
Notable: Born 1947; Royal Danish Ballet
Dinna Bjørn was bon in 1947 in Denmark. Her father is Niels Bjørn Larsen. She trained at the Ballet School of the Royal Danish Theatre. She was engaged as a dancer by the Royal Danish Ballet, where she was appointed soloist in 1966.
Dinna Bjørn danced a wide range of major roles and solo parts in the Royal Danish Ballet repertoire, including:
- La Sylphide (Bournonville)
- Nutcracker (Fleming Flindt)
- Petruchka (Fokine)
- Graduation Ball (Lichine)
- Four Last Songs (Rudi van Dantzig)
- The Leaves Are Fading (Antony Tudor)
- Les Sylphides (Fokine)
- La Spectre de la Rose (Fokine)
- The Young Man Must Marry (Fleming Flindt)
Dinna Bjørn was Artistic Director of the Norwegian National Ballet from 1990 to 2001. Since 1997 she is artistic advisor on Bournoville for the Royal Theatre. She is Artistic Director of the Finnish National Ballet since August 2001.